The primary objective of this KSA is to provide knowledge and innovation that ensures reliable, affordable and efﬁcient water use and waste management services to enhance the quality of life, and contribute to economic growth and improved public health.
The secondary objectives are to:
- Improve the management of water services in both rural and urban areas
- Develop appropriate technologies for improving the quality and quantity of our water supplies for both domestic use and industrial applications
- Develop new approaches to manage and enhance hygiene and sanitation practices
- Provide appropriate, innovative and integrated solutions to water and waste management in the industrial and mining sectors
- Develop innovative technologies and applications for improved treatment of wastewater and efﬂuent and improve processes for enabling increased reuse thereof
- Improve health, economic and environmental conditions, while supporting the development of appropriate technologies and socially-focused management practices related to water and efﬂuent management technologies and socially-focused management practices related to water and effluent management